Inga Skaya-Miss Canada In Miss Universe Contest 2007

Inga Skaya


Age: 21
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
Given that I love a good laugh, I really enjoy watching stand-up comedy, playing practical jokes and surprising people. Furthermore, I also enjoy writing poetry as it has provided me with a special place to display my emotions at any given time. As hobbies go, I enjoy grocery shopping, sliding on wood floors wearing socks, playing cards with my grandpa/showing him simple card tricks, working with children, tasting authentic dishes from various countries and shopping for vintage clothing.

What is your career ambition?
My career goal is to create a position that incorporates my past experience working in the Entertainment industry and my current interest in social and humanitarian work. I began my studies in Sociology at Ryerson University but have decided to put my studies on hold to concentrate in my duties as Miss Universe Canada. I intend to complete my post-secondary education in order to have the knowledge, tools and credibility necessary to pursue my goals in order to help others.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in Toronto. I grew up in a very multi-cultural, diverse and open minded environment where I felt my individuality was valued. I faced challenges growing up because I was forced to adapt many times while overcoming the hardships pertaining to being a victim of domestic violence. Humor was a tool that I used to overcome rough patches and deal with bullying at school. Writing poetry is a big part of my life, I’m in the process of establishing a foundation which will encourage at risk children to use poetry as a tool to deal with their challenges as well as establish their own goals.

What do you want the judges to know about you?
As a survivor of domestic violence I hope I can act as a role model to children facing similar challenges. The easiest thing to do in life when facing hardship is to give up, it takes hard work, determination and self confidence to tell yourself that you will not use the negative circumstances in your life as an excuse to give up but rather as a springboard to a brighter future filled with hope. You can either drop out of school or you can overcome your challenges and graduate as an Honours Student with an A average. It’s up to you! This is my message.




Miss CanadaMiss CanadaMiss CanadaMiss Canada
Miss Canada

Subscribe via email


Get all our updates In your Email Instantly

Enter your email address: